[NSRCA-discussion] DriveWear Glasses

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:15:42 AKST 2012

Thanks Scott,
DriveWear is what my eye doctors office is pushing; but, I don't think they
understand me when I say I fly model airplanes a 100 yards out and 400 feet
up in the sky.

I always thought polarization was a good thing until I went back to
straight clear lenses in my everyday glasses. A earlier poster is correct,
with my polarized (non-studly) fit-overs on over my glasses, I have to read
the LCD on my SD10 with my head turned sideways. Gas pumps with LCD's are
darn near impossible to read.

DriveWear glasses are appealing because they change with conditions. Here
in the inland northwest we fly mostly in bright sun while the coastal
Northwest is frequently overcast. I, personally, have a very hard time
seeing wings in overcast. The light adjusting technology of the Wiley-X
glasses is interesting.

The money for Oakley's doesn't bother me, I'm just looking for something to
fit my (flying) needs. So anybody with any other suggestions please chime
in.