[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: AOPA Aviation Summit: Think youknow spins?

John Ford astropattern at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 15:12:56 AKDT 2011

I toook my primary flight training in Canada, and spins were part of the training and part of the flight test. It certainly gave me some momentary insight into a few tight spots I got into over the ensuring 30 years, but prepared me much better for training in full-size aerobatics, and checkout in many, many different types of aircraft...some of which have very poor stall/spin characteristics, to say the least.
I flew with someone once who believed that the reason the spin wasn't in his training was because it was too dangerous to do on purpose...and with that mindset he merrily blasts off into the blue...good grief!

And yes, Del, I chuckle every time I do a snap/spin with my plane in front of judges...few full-scales behave the way the judges are looking for, but that's a different debate.

John