[NSRCA-discussion] No telemetry rule & new radio systems

Michael S. Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 25 05:55:39 AKST 2011

I agree with what you are saying and that is how we currently do and perceive the plane.  However, this is a chance to embrace technology to make judging fairer and easier reducing the bias, subjectivity and emotion the judge is burdened with.  The new technology, applied properly would make the administration and work of putting on a contest much easier.  How we see and perceive the airplane would change to adapt to this new stuff and we could fly accordingly.  We would have to adapt the rules to fit, of course, but it is doab le.  I would love to see it.  I would love to know the truth about box violations, drifting, altitude changes, whatever, etc.

I think it would be a game changer and it would bring out the best/.

That is just me.

Mike