[NSRCA-discussion] How to Build a Pattern Plane book available again

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 14:58:41 AKDT 2011

Guys, Don Atwood here.   Recently there have been several  requests for
people trying to find or buy the book How to Build a Pattern  Plane.  As some
of you probably know this book was authored by Bruce  Thompson and myself
several years ago as a collection of 'how-to' and examples  about building a
pattern plane.  It went thru 4 editions but we stopped  making it available
when demand had tapered off or basically stopped.   Bruce had the book printed
and bound them himself so it was quite a chore to  make it available.

We did not publish and/or update the book for monetary reasons and in the
long run probably lost money on it.  It was done to try and help people
with the basic techniques and methods to build a light, straight pattern
plane.  Bruce did most of the writing, I contributed the initial ideas and
helped edit the versions.

Lately, there has been a lot of requests for the book, or people asking
owners of the book to make copies.  After much discussion (nagging on my
part), Bruce agreed we could make it available electronically.  I had no
interest in managing that effort and approached some of the NSRCA officers with
the idea to make it available in PDF format thru the NSRCA website for a
download fee.  The revenues for this will all go to the NSRCA.   Hopefully,
this will help people trying to learn to build as well as creating  traffic for
the website and attract new members.

The file is now online and can be downloaded for a $10 fee from the NSRCA
website at the following link:

_http://nsrca.us/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=com_virtuem
art&Itemid=496_
(http://nsrca.us/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=496)

Please pass this information to others that may not be on this discussion
list.

thanks,
Don