[NSRCA-discussion] How to Build a Pattern Plane book available again

Andrew Jesky Andrew.Jesky at soaringsoftware.com
Tue Jun 21 15:20:31 AKDT 2011

Don,

Thanks for making this available. I'm going to download mine after I get back from flying tonight.

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2011, at 4:58 PM, "AtwoodDon at aol.com<mailto:AtwoodDon at aol.com>" <AtwoodDon at aol.com<mailto:AtwoodDon at aol.com>> wrote:

Guys, Don Atwood here.   Recently there have been several requests for people trying to find or buy the book How to Build a Pattern Plane.  As some of you probably know this book was authored by Bruce Thompson and myself several years ago as a collection of 'how-to' and examples about building a pattern plane.  It went thru 4 editions but we stopped making it available when demand had tapered off or basically stopped.  Bruce had the book printed and bound them himself so it was quite a chore to make it available.

We did not publish and/or update the book for monetary reasons and in the long run probably lost money on it.  It was done to try and help people with the basic techniques and methods to build a light, straight pattern plane.  Bruce did most of the writing, I contributed the initial ideas and helped edit the versions.

Lately, there has been a lot of requests for the book, or people asking owners of the book to make copies.  After much discussion (nagging on my part), Bruce agreed we could make it available electronically.  I had no interest in managing that effort and approached some of the NSRCA officers with the idea to make it available in PDF format thru the NSRCA website for a download fee.  The revenues for this will all go to the NSRCA.  Hopefully, this will help people trying to learn to build as well as creating traffic for the website and attract new members.

The file is now online and can be downloaded for a $10 fee from the NSRCA website at the following link:

<http://nsrca.us/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=496>http://nsrca.us/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=496

Please pass this information to others that may not be on this discussion list.

thanks,
Don