[NSRCA-discussion] The NATS schedule has been published on theNSRCA website

Dave Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 08:34:41 AKDT 2011

Mike M -
I understand (and agree with) the Masters fliers sentiment of wanting to fly
in the morning, and alternate years.  That does seem fair.  However, I think
it is also important to understand that the prior years FAI has been in the
morning to best accommodate the logistics of all classes.  It has nothing to
do with elitism, and to the best of my knowledge it was not something that
was ever requested by the FAI flyers.  A similar situation is Site 1 vs Site
3 (the cross runway on Site 3 throws off more than a couple people every
year).  Masters is now flown on Site 3 to avoid the rolling circle issue.
Again, logistics, and it is what makes sense.

Mike K -
Yep, it does stay light out plenty late, and prior NATs management made it
perfectly clear that flying late in the day on finals day was not an option.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart