[NSRCA-discussion] Quick question re: cellular data service at the fields where you compete

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:01:17 AKST 2011

Thanks!  I fully expect this sort of thing to be preference based, but I do
love the idea of just clicking a clicker for downgrades and another button
to click when the maneuver is complete so I'll definitely implement
something like that.

I *don't* think this would be mandatory by any means, but I think it could
be a huge time saver, and I'm also envisioning some cloud-based
capabilities for contestants to analyze their performance over time,
particularly when they can compare the same maneuver in front of the same
set of judges over time.

I thought about doing it all over wifi to the CD/scorekeeper's system and
that's still an option, but implementation becomes WAY easier if I can just
stand up a service on amazon web services rather than making the CD's
system be the host where I also need to solve persistence, etc.  But, I am
very sensitive to the possibility of stuff being broken and that's why I'd
already opened the conversation with Gene for making this a mechanism
that *works
with* PACSS rather than a *replacement* for PACSS.

Peter+