[NSRCA-discussion] Quick question re: cellular data service at the fields where you compete

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 09:06:35 AKST 2011

I think Mark has a much better answer for the data entry if you go
forward with this. Single clicking of the downgrades would work much
better. Number entry will inevitably result in a fairly high level of
incorrect data plus forgetting to push enter in either system will cause
problems that are unfixable without a bunch of NOs by the judge.

Right now this would appear to be a solution without a problem. Either
manual entry on paper or direct entry through your phone or other device
will work just fine until you have a problem. Then it is much easier to
take the score sheet back to the judge for a correction then it is to
take a printout that has scores offset because a maneuver is missing.
You don't think you can get away with having the scoring done
automatically without realtime result checking by a person at the
scoring computer? As long as you have to have a person there anyway...

John