[NSRCA-discussion] Quick question re: cellular data service at the fields where you compete

Phil S. chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 11:02:45 AKST 2011

Jim is correct -- I spent the last 10 years of my career studying driver
distraction (for the FHWA) in a driving simulator.  I have said for a
LONG time, that eyes-on-road and hands-on-wheel (with the "hands-free
methods) does NOT mean mind on-driving-task.  I have used the van Putte
method, and it WORKS.  People can NOT multitask, any more than a
single-core CPU can, and while one task is swapped out, it task will
suffer, no matter how short the swap-time is.

--
Phil Spelt, KCRC President
AMA 1294 Scientific Leader Member