[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Sat Dec 3 14:55:24 AKST 2011

On 12/3/11 4:21 AM, Martin X. Moleski, SJ wrote:
> On 12/3/2011 1:42 AM, Nat Penton wrote:
>
>> Att: Tom Simes Tom see if you can figure this out
>
>>> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>> <nsrca at shinymetalass.com>
>
> I'm not Tom Simes, nor do I play him in my dreams, nor did I sleep
> at a Holiday Express last night, but somehow I can't help but
> thinking that the problem lies in the address to which your
> post was addressed.
>
> The mail server at shinymetalass.com is telling you that it has
> no user known as "nsrca" in its list of registered users. Since
> there is no such person in shinymetalass.com's system, they
> send you back a note telling you that they can't deliver your
> mail.
>
> It's really not rocket science. If you stop sending e-mail to
> nsrca at shineymetalass.com, they will stop sending rejection slips
> back to you.
>
> Marty

You're analysis was exactly right Marty.  I don't know how the
nsrca at shinymetalass.com address got propagated, but it's no longer a
valid one in my virtual configuration and it has never been a correct
address for NSRCA list postings - although that thought does bring a
smile and a snicker... ;)

--
Tom

    "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
          sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com