[NSRCA-discussion] Judge Rank, 2009 Masters Final

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 10:07:23 AKDT 2010

Jon,
?
That is correct...each of the scores for each judge?represents how that judge performed the job (of judging) compared to the other judges. You can read the explenation of how the system works in the NSRCA website under the Judging section.
?
Scoring a 900 or higher is a big deal in this system. It means that these judges placed each of the pilots very close to where the pilots ended up PLUS scored each of the pilots with minimal deviation from the pilots average score, ie- the score the pilot received for his round. Often, a judge scores well in one of the two categories but very seldon does a judge score well in both.
?
The program does not look at each individual maneuver score; it looks at the total raw score. Formulas could be created to look at each maneuver but we decided (the Judge Ranking team) not to do it that way.?In our view it would have been unecessarily complex.?I seriously doubt that?a more sophisticated program would produce a more accurate result.
?
The "throwaways" Ron is talking about are Judge scores that are not high enough to be counted in overall rankings. Only the best 8 scores over a span of?5 years I believe, count in ranking the Judges
?
regards
?
MattK