[NSRCA-discussion] Judge Rank, 2009 Masters Final

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Sep 18 06:13:28 AKDT 2010

The ranking system is not perfect.

Sure we'd like a larger sample size, but I don't know anywhere that
has more than five judges.

Second, a judge's score is dependent on the other judges.  If a judge
does a good job in a group of good judges, his scores will be high.
However, if a judge does just as well in a group of less qualified
judges, his scores will be lower.  That's why judges have
"throwaways" in the overall judge rankings.

Ron