[NSRCA-discussion] Karl Mueller

Jim Quinn jaqfly at prodigy.net
Thu May 6 03:38:18 AKDT 2010

Below is a note Harry Ells sent to Bob Noll who forwarded it to me. I'm sure we all would like to know of Karl's condition and remember him and his family in our thoughts and prayers

Dear Friends
As most of you know Karl Mueller has not been well and I wanted to bring you an update after recently speaking with Karl and his family members.
Karl expresses his gratitude for the many letters and cards that he has received.
For some time, Karl had pain in his legs and back and was unable to attend the last World Championships as a judge because of this. Last year it was discovered that Karl had a tumour on his spine and was treated with radiation to remove it. When the tumour was gone the vertebrae disintegrated and left him somewhat immobile. As a result, Karl has been in and out of the Hospital since last August.
Karl also came down with a Staph infection in his bloodstream. The infection took a toll on his brain and eyesight. Unfortunately with all this, Karl has fallen a few times in the Hospital and at home and has cracked another vertebra. This has landed him with doctors’ orders for strict bed rest. He is only to move around in a wheel chair if necessary. If there is any more damage, he could paralyze himself. In summary, Karl is going through a very difficult time.
It looks like Karl will be moving to a nursing home. It is hoped that until a space opens up, he will be able to go home with nursing care. His wife Della hopes to sell the family home so that she may take an apartment close to the nursing home so that they can easily spend time together.
I do not believe that Karl is online at the present time.
If anyone would like to write or send a card to Karl his home address is:
37 Roberts Crescent
Brampton, Ontario
Canada
L6W 1G9
Or you could email through his daughter Monica at:
mo_mueller at hotmail.com
Best Regards
Harry Ells