[NSRCA-discussion] Perry VP30 Question

Richard Lewis humptybump at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 17 08:07:02 AKST 2010

Way back, I spent some time on the phone with the guy at Conley presicion about the pressure line.  He seemd to think that the large displacement OS160 and Moki 180 that we were discussing would have no problem stroking the pump on a longer pressure line made from normal fuel line.  My experiences have seemed to confirm this.  Remember, he markets primariliy to rc car applications and the crankcase pressure pulse from a 15 sized engine turning 20,000 rpm may easily be absorbed in the ballooning effect of a long rubbery line, but the pulse from 1.6 turning 8000 rpm, not so much...If you want to use a less flexible line, Tygon is what you would use...

The real trick is getting any tubing to stay on the un-barbed nipple on the back of the pump....sometimes it stay on like magic and is never an issue, other times not so much...I've used goop, CA, Silicone, wire ties, etc...the propensity to come loose seems to be directly proportional to the diffculty in accessing it to re-attach it...:)

Richard