[NSRCA-discussion] JR 12x

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sun Apr 25 14:50:23 AKDT 2010

Does the screw look stripped?  If something is stripped it would likely
be the plastic piece it threads into.  If you just backed out the screw
and it fell out then you shouldn't have stripped anything.  If you were
tightening it and it came out then something is likely stripped.  Very
unlikely that your local hardware store will carry anything close to
that size (it is metric as well).  I am not familiar with the sticks on
the 12X but have taken apart almost every Futaba stick.  Are you trying
to replace the screw through an access hole in the back or did you
remove the back of the transmitter?  If you haven't I am recommending
that you remove the back case so you can see what you should be
threading into.  If you stripped a small plastic piece it may be easily
replaceable although I know Horizon does not like to sell parts to us.
If you have to send it in Horizon is very good about fixing little
things like this and not charging for it.

Stuart