[NSRCA-discussion] Phn HV85 and ICE HV80 Controllers

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:59:54 AKDT 2010

The problem was on first glance that you got the impression you are going to save two + ounces--as I caught myself a few months ago flapping my jaw about the 'savings' on this list.  When many are within a few oz of making weight, with no direct comparison, you could tell yourself that the wires wouldn't weigh all that much and buy the ICE80HV expecting a whole lot more weight savings than you got net. I've got three HV 85s and was very close to spending the dollars for the ICE HV--but I've got another monitoring device and the weight savings aren't there.  So until I need another controller, I'm not going to fork over the $160+ or so to purchase something that will only net a third of an oz.(unless, of course, I HAVE to...;0)

RS