[NSRCA-discussion] unknowns

Vicente "Vince" Bortone vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 23 06:03:13 AKDT 2009

Mike,

A good friend just finished one.  With DA 170, canister, soft mount, and 15 servos the cost was over $6,000.  Extra 260 from ACE.

Now, I am looking for an electric IMAC plane.  I wish that someone builds a kit using the same technology we use to build pattern planes (ie Integral).  Yes, it will need to be below 11 lbs to be competitive.  There will be no noise issues.  Let's try to find one.  I asked Jason S. and he told me that the market is not there to justify the production of this plane.  I think the time is coming because the noise and footprint issues are getting worse and worse.

I found one that comes 12 lbs ready to fly.  This is the Extreme Flight Extra 260 that is 78" and 76" long.  It is not for sale yet but it is coming.  This could be good choice for now.  Probably we could reduce the weight by using some pattern techniques.

Yes, I want to use the same equipment we have now for electric pattern planes.  This will reduce the cost.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone