[NSRCA-discussion] Speaking of the 2011 Worlds at Muncie . . . . .

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 20:18:52 AKDT 2009

I love the questions - it gives us all a chance to fully understand what is
going on.

At the 2008 Nats I had a discussion with the AMA about the WC's and when
would be the best time to do it.  Several suggestions were made as to timing
but one of them (the current one of having the WC's at the end of the Nats
followed by the pattern Nats) made the best since logistically as well as
with timing on getting the facility.  Several different options of where to
put the WC's were considered and we finally settled on the "current" set of
dates as a place holder.

These dates were run by a number of people and everyone was in agreement,
including the CIAM, as to whether it would be feasible to host the event
during this time period.  The more people we talked to, and by fully
explaining the reasoning to them, the more they liked it.  We haven't been
operating in a vacuum with this - full cooperation with the AMA and the CIAM
has been done on this.  One can't do this without either party and I
definitely would be foolish to come up with dates without ensuring that the
AMA and the CIAM have bought into them.

Officially, the pattern Nats won't be scheduled until the planning meeting
next year - just like all events are scheduled each year at this planning
meeting.