[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

Pete Cosky pcosky at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 09:05:09 AKDT 2009

I partially agree with your last post but those building blocks have to come from somewhere. From my experience, I moved out of Sportsman 4 years ago and then stopped flying to help raise my son until this year when I got to fly again in Intermediate. My flights were ugly but at least I had an idea of how it all had to go together because I learned those building blocks in Sportsman. IF what is proposed were to have happened in my particular case it would have been quite the obstacle to overcome and probably would have taken some of the fun out flying pattern for me.

If a pilot needs work on geometry, and I know I sure do, then take the time to practice the given maneuver outside the sequence. Go and burn a few tanks flying the problem maneuvers and nothing else.

My opinion is Sportsman is fine the way it is and it lays a good foundation for the progression in the classes.