[NSRCA-discussion] basic judging question (warning 3 letterword)

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:55:12 AKDT 2009

As I stated, USA centric thinkers won't like the idea.

I’d like to challenge some of the replies.

>> The FAI folks have no interest in our problems or solutions, they have
troubles of their own.

Their problems ARE our problems. We’re talking about Snaps, not take-off and
landing, forced advancement, sequence design etc. What I’m reading in this
thread is that no-one to date in the history of competitive aviation has
successfully described a snap? Really? We can’t share a definition with
IMAC, IAC or even Pattern fliers in the rest of the world? Forgive me for
being a bit skeptical about this attitude. Even if the FAI definition isn’t
ideal, do we really need our own “different” definition?

>> We have a better game in the US than exists on an international level.

I'm a patriotic guy, but this type of statement is what makes the USA so
popular around the rest of the world.

>> I will also add that the vast majority of the pattern pilots on the US
(far greater than 200???) will never fly FAI.
 True, but the majority of pattern fliers will regularly judge FAI. And
might I add they will judge and fly snaps in alternating rounds with
different rules criteria. How is this beneficial?

 Furthermore, even if most pilots don’t advance to FAI, why not have a
system so those that DO move to FAI have a smooth transition?

Keith Black