[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 12 FG Lipo Battery

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Nov 2 15:53:19 AKST 2009

Since the battery for the 14MZ was discussed, it reminded me that I
have not mentioned that I installed a 2S-2200 lithium polymer pack in
my Futaba 12FGA transmitter.  For those not familiar with the 12FG,
it comes with a 6-cell 1700 mah NiMH pack installed.  I bought a
Chargery Power 2S-2200 mah 10C lipo pack from BP Hobbies (http://
www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A2416228&pid=C1136721), opened the
"connector end" of the pack, unsoldered the heavy wires with Deans
connector on the end, soldered in a receiver battery pack harness and
closed things up.  I charge through the balance connector that comes
on the pack.

Since I did the swap, I've tried to find 2S packs with higher
capacity and a lower "C" rating, which should produce a pack about
the same physical dimensions as what I have.  I have some on the way
from Battery Space and will report if I have successful results.

Ron Van Putte