[NSRCA-discussion] Rule Interpretation

Robert L. Beaubien rob at koolsoft.com
Sun May 31 18:37:24 AKDT 2009

Rule 8.1.  A contestant may promote himself voluntarily to a higher class at any time; however, once the move is made, he may not change back to a lower class

Rule 8.1.1:  Exception:  A contestant may fly in the next higher class at a contest where his class is not being flown without committing himself to a permanent move to a higher class.  He may not fly in a class lower than the one to which he is committed.

This rule specifically covers the lack of Sportsman flown in the NATS.

Here is the link for reference:  http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/events/rulebooks/rcaerobatics.pdf

- Robert Beaubien

- NSRCA, District 7 Webmaster

-

"No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."