[NSRCA-discussion] Rule Interpretation

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun May 31 18:49:33 AKDT 2009

Thanks.  All of you have confirmed what I thought was true.

Every once in a while, you get the chance to help a budding pattern
flier develop to great heights.  Years ago John Fuqua and started
coaching a young pilot named Kris Kovanda.  Three years later, he was
the Nats Intermediate champion.

Now we are coaching another young pilot, who is skilled beyond his
years (13).  Example:  He uses rudder on most maneuvers.  He hasn't
even competed in his first contest yet, but I think he will do very
well at his first contest at Andersonville, GA this weekend.  After
that contest, we will have to assess whether going to the Nats this
year would be good for him.

I think he will do well this weekend and could get good enough with
the Intermediate maneuver schedule to open up some eyes at the Nats.

Remember the name of Houston Schweitzer.

Ron Van Putte