[NSRCA-discussion] composite plates?

Richard Lewis humptybump at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 31 16:26:07 AKDT 2009

You can also mix Microballons/cabosil with polyruethane glues to makes a non-sagging polyurethane glue.  I've used this in a few places with success.....your mileage may vary...

In my CF Aeroslave Aries fuse, I glued all the honycomb parts in with unmixed white super-fast 5-minute gorilla glue.....the PU glue expands and fills the open cells in the honeycomb.  Worked well so far, but the Aeroslave fuse interior is cormat and fiberglasss that bonds really well with most adhesives.  I also often use gorilla glue and then follow with CA in few places to tack parts in places while the polyurethane glues cures and expands.

Richard