[NSRCA-discussion] composite plates?

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Sun May 31 09:18:32 AKDT 2009

Mike Hester wrote:
> When attaching it to composites (by the edge), the old school way was
> to use epoxy and a lot of filler. But you need to mix in some milled
> glass too because it becomes brittle. Still if it's a large piece you
> come out way ahead.
>
> When attaching it to wood you have more options. you usually have
> stringers so CA works well, as does polyurethane. Not sure how well
> polyU sticks to a composite fuse though...anybody tried it?
>
> -Mike

I have started to use some stuff called "Plastic Weld" made by
Devcon/Permatex. Glues air to water!! Thicker two part glue that is
amazing stuff. Comes in a syringe applicator, Just squeeze out what you
want and mix. About a 5 to 10 minute working window, sets fast and sands
really nicely too. Great for fiberglass repair too. No idea why they
call it "Plastic weld" but it is great stuff.

http://www.devcon.com/products/products.cfm?brandid=1&familyid=182

3,500 psi bond, water proof, everything proof