[NSRCA-discussion] Honda generator question

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Wed May 27 15:43:02 AKDT 2009

Ed Alt wrote:
> Yeah, the mini florescents are a dumb idea.  All you need to do is
> break one and you need a Hazmat team to legally clean up the mercury.

Yes they are a dumb idea if you believe this kind of clap trap. Here is
the official EPA statement and method for cleanup. It does not involve
any kind of Hazmat response, which BTW I do for a living and trust me I
have never heard of anyone doing this.

http://www.epa.gov/hg/spills/

All easy stuff, no hazmat team required.

Beyond that, this is an interesting read on how things get blown out of
proportion and distorted:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/the_real_dirt_o.php