[NSRCA-discussion] stirring the pot..;)

Bill Glaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Tue May 19 08:57:48 AKDT 2009

Jim:
I thoroughly agree with you.  The only area I might find issue with is the division of social/competition as 50-50.  As one ages out, (hopefully we are given the privilege of aging out; the alternative isn't too pleasant) the percentages will inevitably change downward to lesser numbers for competition, and upward numbers in social and other enjoyment.  And, in regard to the social aspect, there are other factors mixed in there, also.  Example:  I love the smell of Nitro in the morning; it smells like........... it smells like................. pattern engines.  (Forgetting, for a moment, electric.)  Kidding aside, I agree with what you say; bottom line, if you leave feeling "Gee, I sure had a good time" then you got what you came for,  whether or not there's a trophy on the back seat of the car.  And, this goes for a local contest, or the Nats.
Again, stating my opinion on this particular facet.  As is said:'YMMV."

Bill Glaze