[NSRCA-discussion] Masters 'Time'

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue May 19 08:05:48 AKDT 2009

Good morning.

About a week ago I posted that I was making it through the masters schedule
with a total of 9 minutes of transmitter 'on-time' consisting of start, taxi
out and back in calm conditions. Most of you already know this but yesterday
as the club members were packing up I made two flights in a significant
crosswind with times exceeding 11 minutes.
The 120 AX nearly consumed the available 16 oz of fuel. Probably could have
managed a landing wave-off or two but that would have been about it. The
flights looked like crap but I'm still in the game.
There is a lot of opportunity in the sequence for an engine out and absolute
reliability in needed. The only time my spotter (full size airport) and I
could hear it was on the up lines.

Jim Hiller