[NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at att.net
Wed May 13 18:16:55 AKDT 2009

Well... I do delcare!

Wayne Galligan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Lewis
  To: aabdu at sbcglobal.net ; General pattern discussion
  Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

  You're supposed to go from winning Intermediate to bringing up the rear in Advanced, that's the basic idea of moving up.  If everyone stayed in Intermediate until they could win Advanced, then we'd be arguing to keep forced advancement......Do you want/need to go back to Intermediate?  If the rule was that you had to fly a declared class or higher for a season, how would circumstances of life changes over "5 or 6 seasons" come into play.....Without forced advancement, you could start the season in Sporstman every year if you need to.....I'm still not sure what scenarios could occur within a single 5 or 6 month contest season that would necessitate someone moving from Advanced to back to Sportsman in the middle of that season.

  If you've practiced all winter 3-4 times a week in Advanced, flown two contests, and then change jobs, or lose an airplane mid-season and can no longer practice regulary, is anyone going to move back to Intermediate?  Sequences only change in the off-season, not sure why that would cause anyone to have to move down during a single season?  If I flew Masters last year, and was scared to fly a new Masters sequence for some reason, then I could declare for Advanced in the upcoming season....

  Richard