[NSRCA-discussion] Advancement System

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon May 11 10:46:26 AKDT 2009

Not confusion - just a few different things going on at once. :) The original discussion was on putting a 3 horizontal roll "maneuver" into the Intermediate sequence where there is currently a 2-roll maneuver. This led to a reference to the older sequences that had 3-roll and even 3-loop maneuvers in the lower classes. I tried to prove my point: an Intermediate pilot may have a problem doing 3 nice, well controlled rolls without breaking the box on a turnaround unless the turnarounds where properly chosen to provide more room. I did this by pointing out the fact that I've seen many Masters pilots have trouble with the 2 of 2 + slow roll reversed (it looks rushed). Not the same maneuver but the same basic problem: it's easy to get into a rushed situation if you're not careful.

And remember, this whole thing started out with a simple question: "Is the Masters schedule too long?" LOL

John Pavlick