[NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon May 11 08:38:19 AKDT 2009

I'm pretty sure they're all posted in Aresti now. I see no reason why we can't publish the Pattern schedules in both "English descriptions" AND Aresti. I would just like to see more use of Aresti, that's all. I hear your point about it being a hurdle for newcomers and for that reason alone I think it makes sense to publish the schedules (at least Sportsman and Intermediate) in both "languages". I know it's more work but I think in the long run it makes sense.

If you call the Aresti as you see it it's actually pretty easy: An "Immelmann" is actually a half-loop with a half-roll. Isn't that how you tell a newcomer to fly the maneuver? Many of them don't know the names of all the maneuvers or even understand the difference between a half-cuban-8 and a half-reverse-cuban-8. If they just learned the basic Aresti symbols they could fly all of the maneuvers without even knowing what they're called.

John Pavlick