[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 12 FG question

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue May 5 16:11:07 AKDT 2009

John Fuqua wrote:

> I have an interesting and perplexing thing going on with my 12 FGA
> Futaba 2.4ghz transmitter that is not duplicated by others here
> locally.  I thought I would throw it out to the list and see if anyone
> else has noticed this anomaly.
>

> When I turn on my 12FGA 2.4 TX it takes all my 2.4 ghz receivers (7
> ch, 8 ch, 14 ch) about 1 or 2 seconds before any control surfaces
> neutralize.   With Ron Van Putte's 12 FGA 2.4 and his 14 ch rx it is
> instantaneous.  We checked a 14MZ 2.4 tx with an 8 ch Rx and it is
> about the same as Ron's.
>

> Has anyone else using the 12 FGA noticed this.  This does not seem to
> affect performance but I am puzzled why I see this time differential
> to neutralize.
>

> John

The earlier generation of FASST receivers seemed to have a touch slower
boot time. The newer ones boot immediately. My 608FS takes a second or
so while my 6008 is instant on. My 6014 is also instant on as are the
617 and 6004 I have. And my 617's and 6004 act the same whether they are
bound to my 14MZ or my 6EX FASST.

I have a bunch of surface receivers as well, sort of first generation
FASST out even before the plane stuff came out and they all have a
momentary hesitation at start up.

And as you say, it has no affect on the performance of the radio.