[NSRCA-discussion] USA CIAM Representative?

Ryan Smith smaragdz at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 26 17:43:33 AKDT 2009

Rusty,

Here is what (I think) I know.

Individuals put their name in a hat for consideration. I'm not sure there's
any nominating committee, it's open as far as I know. Two of the people
dropped out by the time we took a vote, and we were left with Derek and Earl
Haury. They each submitted a resume, and we were allowed to ask questions to
the candidates. We took a vote and Derek was the winner.

It was my understanding that the job wasn't very time intensive, and didn't
require travel to Europe to meet. Both Derek and Earl were very worthy
candidates, and the vote was close.

I hope this clears up things a little.

Regards,

Ryan Smith