[NSRCA-discussion] USA CIAM Representative?

Ali Dose alidose at att.net
Thu Mar 26 17:35:14 AKDT 2009

I learned yesterday that "we" have a new CIAM representative, Derek Koopowitz, who has replaced Chris Lakin.  Apparently, congratulations to Derek.

How is the individual selected?
Who is on the nominating Committee?
Is there such a committee?
How are the candidates views and opinions communicated?
Who votes?
Is the NSRCA, as the AMA's FAI F3A special interest group, responsible for the process and then an AMA official, after careful consideration and review "rubber stamps" the submission?
Did I need to have a FAI stamp to participate?
Am I the last to know?

Derek is a fine choice AND there are also a bunch of others who, I hope, were considered and reviewed...

who have made significant contributions to the sport on the local, regional and national levels, have significant leadership experience, have attended numerous FAI F3A World Championships as a Team member or Manager or Team volunteer, have been involved at the highest levels and ample amounts of time to focus on the role without distration or other responsibilities...

who also would make excellent contributions and continue the traditions of excellence of our current and past CIAM representatives.

Respectfully,

Rusty Dose
Past NSRCA Treasurer