[NSRCA-discussion] Mode 1

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Thu Mar 19 17:07:06 AKDT 2009

We have had discussions of mode 1 vs 2 and this is not meant to renew
them.  But, I have always wanted to try mode 1 and just happened to have
a radio that I bought that was in mode 1, thanks Mike.  Trying it on the
sim was interesting to say the least.  This near 50 year old is not
going to try to make the switch.  I can see where some maneuvers like
rolls are made for mode 1 though.

I think it could be a lot of fun to get a group of mode 2 fliers and
have them all try to fly mode 1 (on a sim)  You wouldn't even need the
beer.  Very impressive for those that can switch back and forth between
modes.  And a friend said he doesn't fly helis because the inputs
sometimes get mixed up when he flies planes :)

Stuart