[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Questions

billglaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 1 12:30:15 AKST 2009

At the risk of starting another downwind turn discussion:

I've been reading over the excellent PowerPoint presentation, and I'd like a question answered that I've had for a long time.
On landing, if the plane overturns AT ANY TIME is it an automatic zero?  I've felt for a long time that it should be, yet I've had people tell me "after 50 ft. landing roll, we've completely lost interest in the airplane."  It can roll anywhere, do anything, and it doesn't affect the score, is their idea.
Also, if it TOUCHES DOWN in the landing zone, and then rolls immediately into what awaits, (in some cases, a small canyon) is the landing zeroed?  I've been called for doing so once.
Secondly, in reading the presentation for Intermediate, it states for the Split S:  A downgrade if the entry and exit are not at the same altitude.  Seems to me to be an error that slipped by, but I've been wrong before. (Honest; yes, it's happened!)<G>  I've been known to incorrectly read/interpret also.  Standing by for the more knowledgeable brains on the list!
thanks
Bill Glaze
NSRCA 2388