[NSRCA-discussion] Jr help

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 17:48:31 AKDT 2009

Ron,

I assume you are using 2 servos for the ailerons?  If so, you need to
go to the travel adjustment for the aileron (should be right wing)
and flap (should be left wing) and set the travel so that they are
both going down (?) the same amount.  On my pattern planes, I use
"spoilers" -- the ailerons go up, not down.  This gives wash-out to
the wings and helps prevent tip-stall at low air speeds.  This
arrangement usually requires a bit of down elevator mixed in (on the
landing or the flaps screen) to keep the plane flying at the proper
angle of attack.  With this arrangement, when the plane touches down,
the spoilers keep it from "ballooning" up into the air again.  I have
seen a buddy literally smack a paved runway on landing without bouncing.

Hope this helps...

At 09:27 PM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,  I have flaps setup on my 10x on the flap system, menu
>#66 and the flaps work fine but when i put the flaps on the plane
>wants to roll to the left just slightly. I can land ok like this but
>it is just anoying to have to hold the right in when landing.  My
>question is, Is there a way to trim the ailerons to put a little
>right on the ailerons only with the flaps on and not effect the
>normal rate condition that i fly in. Seems like there ought to be
>flap trim or something like that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Webmaster & Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.