[NSRCA-discussion] Spinner adapter to use for YS 170?

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 00:43:27 AKDT 2009

What spinner adapter kit is best to use on the YS 170?  They sent me the short shaft double jam nut kit, which requires that you ream the front of the propr hub 3/8" deep, 1/2" diameter.  This is for "thick props" according to the instructions.  I'm concerned that this may really weaken the prop hub too much.  I'm also not crazy about needing to find a reamer for this at the last minute.  Any good sources for that? It seems like that would be custom made for this task, because the 1'2"D hole is not the next size up from the existing hole in the hub, i.e., there's got to be a smooth 10 mm guide section to keep the reaming tool aligned.

Ed