[NSRCA-discussion] YS Problem

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jun 2 20:33:54 AKDT 2009

I had that problem a long time ago on a Rossi. Lost a bunch of spinner cones before a fellow club member gave me the answer. Turns out the spinner backplate would slip on the drive hub which tightened the spinner screw so tight the head would break off with the spinner departing shortly thereafter. The fix was to cut a disk out of emery cloth and put it between the backplate and drive hub. Never lost another one after that. Might be worth looking at the backplate to see if it's been slipping. You can also pin the backplate to the drive hub which will save or at least minimize the damage from a backfire. Hope this helps.

Verne Koester