[NSRCA-discussion] Flash Poll - Relocate the Nats in 2010?

Tony tony at radiosouthrc.com
Fri Jul 31 08:02:58 AKDT 2009

Mike:
You are correct in most all areas.  Some events don't really cost anything
else to run, as they are run in a 30 minute time frame during a day slot for
a larger event.  FF does this all the time.  They are important to host,
especially for the SIG, as it brings in more money to the SIG (special
interest group) that is hosting the event.  They get some of the event money
as well as some goes to AMA for staff work.  The equipment used, and all the
time put out by staffers (many AMA staff members work 6 to 7 days a week
during the NATS and cannot take vacation during this time)  Extra part-time
people are hired by HQ to handle the work load and take up the slack left by
staffers that are out working the NATS.  Their daily work has to be done as
well...  When you take in consideration the hours of labor that is billed to
NATS, we are in a negative.  Like I said, that is not a terrible thing, just
don't want to get that number too high.

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South, Inc.
139 Altama Connector, Box 322