[NSRCA-discussion] Gloves for winter flying

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Jan 22 20:57:06 AKST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:11:14 -0500
"Ed Alt" <ed_alt at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for gloves that leave you with
> enough finger dexterity to fly in cold weather?
>
> Thanks
> Ed

Hi Ed,

I can fly down to about -5F and the system I settled on after a lot of
experimentation is a very thin set of glove liners (so I can feel
the sticks and switches and all) and a transmitter glove.  See attached
picture for an idea what it looks like.   In between flights I pull on
some big heavy mittens.

The trasmitter glove I have (and really like) is called a TransMitt -
the outside is waterproof cordura and it's fleece lined.  This is the
outfit I got it from, but I'm not sure whether they still make them:

MODEL SAILING CENTER

Contact: Steve Lang
Address: 290 Circle Drive.  Evergreen, CO 80439
Phone: (303)670-4670
Email: steve at sailrclaser.com
www.modelsailingcenter.com

Model Sailing Center is the US Distributor for the RC Laser, and value
added dealers for CR-914.  Accessories for all models including the
TransMitt radio cover.

Model Sailing Center Pricing:

TransMitt Radio Cover:  A water and wind resistant cover for hands and
transmitter. A clear face allows view of the face of the transmitter.
Transmitter is installed through zippered bottom, with antenna going
through grommeted port to keep water from running down antenna to
transmitter. Whole unit is lined with fleece for comfort in cold or
warm weather.  $ 25.00 + shipping.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com