[NSRCA-discussion] Gloves for winter flying

Xavier Mouraux xaviermouraux at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:47:14 AKST 2009

I use vinyl medical examination gloves found at the drugstore in box of 100. They cut the wind and that's a big part of the cold feeling on the hands. I have flown in temperature below freezing many times like this.

When it gets cooler, I use a tranmitt similar to Tom's in addition to the vinyl gloves. When you get the plane ready (specially glow) the gloves keep your hands warm enough. I have flown out on frozen lakes with this setup and ski goggles.

Xavier