[NSRCA-discussion] Charge receptacles

Richard Lewis humptybump at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 19 03:37:27 AKST 2009

I use a miniature mono audio jack (2.5mm I think).  You can buy a panel
mount receptacle for it.   But, I wish I’d just used a switch.  You have to
keep up with the stupid shorting plug and your helper can’t turn off the
plane for you if you don’t give him/her the plug before a flight.  Also, it
protrudes from the side of the plane when inserted waiting to be snagged and
broken or worse yet, damage the plane.

See if you can convince your customer to stick with a switch for the
fail-safe circuit…:-)

Richard

   _____