[NSRCA-discussion] Charge receptacles

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:41:37 AKST 2009

Has anyone ever found a "Ernst style" charge jack receptacle that works with a female connector?  This is the widget that normally gets used with a male connector, and so far I can't find one that looks like it will accepts the female connector housing properly.  You can fit one into the charge receptacle, but it won't snap in place properly.

I have a customer interested in using a shorting plug approach vs. a normal On/Off switch for the Tech-Aero regulator, and I want to try to find a clean way to mount a female connector, since I don't want there to be any possibility of accidentally inserting a "bind" style plug shorting out the battery via the battery charging jack.  Battery charging connectors are male, so the On/Off shorting plug jack has to be female if a standard connector is used.  Alternatively, I could use a different connector style such as a mini Deans, but there's still the problem of obtaining a standard, available mounting for the side of the model.

Thanks!
Ed