[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/IC ...was ArmingPlug/Receptacle Problem

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Tue Feb 10 09:02:14 AKST 2009

You're right Bill, there have been many advances.  What I have noticed
though, the rules change to require more power as more power becomes
available.  Before turnaround a .60 was all one needed to fly
pattern.  In the early sixties it had better be a Lee Custom but by
the time they were available to everyone you needed a Webra with a
tuned pipe.  And so it goes to this day.  When the current patterns
can be performed with available engines, they will be made tougher to
require more power.  And by the nature of IC vs. Electric (as defined
to include batteries), IC will always have a better power to weight
ratio.

Jim O