[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/IC ...was ArmingPlug/Receptacle Problem

billglaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 10 05:26:50 AKST 2009

Changing rules for conditions/advancement of the sport, and recognizing the
emergence of new technology is also reasonable.  If we were still using the
rules that I  flew by when I started, we'd have 3 classes:  Rudder only,
Class 2, (single channel, anything you can make one channel do, also known
as Mickey Mouse) and multi-channel.  (just about anything you can cook up
with a radio.)  Engines were pretty much self-limiting at that time; the
largest viable engine was the Fox .59, as an example.  And, of course, as
spelled out in the rules at that time, (both AMA and FCC) we were limited to
27.255, 435 mc. (UHF) and of course licensed Amateur Radio folks could use
any frequency on which they were allowed to operate.
Rules should meet the changing conditions of the times, as well as the
desires of those involved.
Or so I see it.  Of course, people being people, there will always be those
who desire the rules be enacted that would serve them, and possibly give
them an edge.  We see that every day; just look at Congress.
Bill