[NSRCA-discussion] New Castlelink Software

Scott Pavlock f3aflyer7 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 14:06:42 AKST 2009

>From what I have noticed, it will vary with setup. One particular set-up of
mine shows an increase of about 3 amps. The system itself only drew 30 amps
at WOT before the update so we are looking at a 10% increase. I'm not sure
if this will be the same case with higher current set-ups, but I believe the
set-ups that show increases in power will most likely be the higher quality
set-ups, or ones that are not currently operating at their maximum
efficiency.

I'm not entirely sure of the technical reasons for the increase in power but
from what I have been told, the piece of software that limits the available
power to the motor has been taken out. I think this was done to allow users
with heli specific set-ups to have some more functionality.

Simply stated, as long as you are not operating very close to the maximum
specifications of your set-up, you will be just fine.

However, if you are very close to the maximum operating values (within about
10%), then it's advisable to check your numbers with a watt meter after
performing the update.

Hope this helps,

Scott Pavlock