[NSRCA-discussion] PPG Concept Paint Qs

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Dec 24 10:26:16 AKST 2009

Not sure how the Concept catalyst is packaged...I use Omni urethanes which are PPG products very similar to Concept and the catalyst is offered in half pint containers that have ametal cap under the screw on top. I punched a small hole into the cap, just enough to allow pouring. Then after I'm done, I seal the cap wth saran wrap. Catalyst was purchased and opened in late 2002 during my Temptress build. I was surprised to find that it was still good this past summer.

Catalyst needs to stay away from heat and humidity. Those are the killers. Very cold storage (ice box) I think will work fine BUT you should bring the material back top room temp before opening. Condensate will be sucked in and ruin your day eventually

Matt