[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140RX Need Help (Final update)

Budd Engineering jerry at buddengineering.com
Sun Aug 9 18:35:59 AKDT 2009

FWIW, a horizontal doubler plate made from either ~1/4" soft balsa, or
a built up balsa frame (similar to the "ladder" that Dick Hansen used
to put into his Elan's and E=MC2's) installed at the location of the
creased section of the fuselage would be stronger and lighter than a
glass layup that adds little to the skins structural modulus.

Just my suggestion based on having made that type of repair before.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone