[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140RX Need Help (Final update)

Lisa n Larry lld613 at psci.net
Sun Aug 9 18:18:44 AKDT 2009

“I'll see if it makes it through the first 1 1/2 snap...”

I sure hope it holds together, it will become very interesting fast

Yep, it folded right behind the wing. It is still together, but buckled in
on the side

I believe I can get it set in a jig then cut out any wrinkle that keeps it
from pulling straight and put a dummy plate on the outside. I need to get a
cross hair laser that Dean Funk had on his build thread. Then I can start
with thin coat of micro-balloons and epoxy mix to make the outside sandable.
After that, epoxy in CF cloth on the inside for strength and an attempt to
keep it light
Do this wherever it’s wrinkled and I think I can make it
flyable again
It will probably cost me a few ounces, but I might be able to
keep it under 11 pounds

Probably a good project for me to get my building skills up before putting
together a BMVF3
I’ll benefit from learning to paint as well
LOL

Thanks Ken, there is a bright side to every problem
My biggest challenge is
being a perfectionist. How do I keep everything within 1/32nd of an inch
now
? Vbg

Larry

  _____